Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Dead Walk Amongst Us



That would be all we bloggers who have been working hard to post every day and keep the fires of October burning brightly, or darkly as it were. It's been a hell of a Kill Fest here and there's only one day to go. Posting this much and this often isn't my normal style and an unusually heavy workload at my real job and computer problems at home made for an even tougher go of it. And with one day left I would be remiss if I didn't mention Arbogast and his 31 Screams, Bill and his daily horror book review plus Rick keeping the vampire myth perpetuating, Pat (Evil Clown) going nuts for a month and even Bob getting down and dirty for the month. I would also be remiss if I didn't apologize to my many favorite bloggers who may not have seen much of me this month. With work and then especially with the home computer problems I had to use my time at work, uh, working and quickly checking in here when I could.

My post tomorrow will be the month end movie. It's a little different than what you're used to seeing here at Cinema Styles. It's 2 minutes and 45 seconds but only a little over a minute of that is the actual montage. And in that minute I cram in over 50 clips so it moves fast, very fast. As such, I highly recommend opening it, pausing it and letting it load up fully before starting. The rest is the "program" that surrounds it. Just imagine it's 1958 and you're at a drive-in and everything should work out fine. There's even a logo for Cinema Styles in there, made to look how it might have were it a super low budget film company operating in the late fifties rather than a movie blog operating today.

And finally, starting November (if I can get to a computer that works on Saturday) the blog will have a new design with a few new features. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Now for some more coffee and, ugh, back to work.

19 comments:

Fox said...

I'm already preparing myself for Post-Kill Fest Anxiety Disorder.

It's gonna be rough...

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

You know Fox, the thing with theme months is that by the end the person doing them is more than ready for it to be over. I love putting it together but I have so many other things I want to write about that have been put off because they didn't fit in the horror mold. Still, I love doing it and most likely,by January I will already be putting stuff together for next year.

I love doing the pics and the movies and exploring different facets of horror in some of my posts. And the banners, I loved putting together 33 banners for the Fest (45 actually but 33 I used and 12 I nixed).

bill r. said...

I will be so glad when it's Saturday...

Marilyn of the Living Dead said...

I'm just posting my end of CIFF wrap-up. I know how you feel, Jonathan. I don't think I delivered on the 12% more charm. Maybe 20% more absenteeism. But this was really great! Thanks.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Bill, I'd be more happier about Saturday if my internet at home was working. As such, I wish Halloween were today, and tomorrow I could come into work and update the blog for November. As it is, I'll probably have to drive into work on Saturday to do the update. Suckola.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Marilyn, thanks and as always your charm exceeded its 12 percent daily recommended allowance. And just so you, and everybody knows, I still read everyone's blogs, I just didn't comment as much unfortunately, all of which will revert back to normal once November is here. Although, ominously, real work keeps getting worse and worse. Over sixty layoffs here in the last two months and the workload just keeps increasing. It truly is Sucksville. But at least I still have my job (knock on wood).

Fox said...

Does anyone wanna help me with my football picks for this week? Er, I mean, Bill, do you wanna help me with my football picks for this week? I'm stuck...

Nellhausia said...

Did somebody say "coffee"?

Wait till you see what I have for this Saturday.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Nellhausia, let me guess. You're going to change the title to "Candy, Candy and More Candy" and focus exclusively on the career of Candy Clark. Or maybe your blog will become "Cola, Cola and more Cola" and replace the "coffee break" photos with "Have a Coke and a Smile" photos. Am I right on either of those? Yes? No?

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Fox, you should pick the teams that are going to win.

bill r. said...

Fox, here are my off-the-top-of-my-head picks:

Tennessee over Green Bay
Jacksonville over Cincinatti
Buffalo over the Jets
Minnesota over Houston
Baltimore over Cleveland
Chicago over Detroit
Tampa Bay over Kansas City
Miami over Denver (upset!)
Atlanta over Oakland
Giants over Dallas
Philidelphia over Seattle
Indianapolis over New England

and, of course,

Washington over Pittsburgh

I want this on record, when I turn out to be awesome.

bill r. said...

Phil-A-delphia, that is.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Oh geez, can't you post the picks on your own blog? I feel like a bookie site. Besides, you can't improve upon my suggestion to Fox anyway.

bill r. said...

Fox didn't ask me on my blog.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

He probably just got confused. I handicap horse races here and a few times in the past Fox has placed some bets.

elgringo said...

I've watched 30 horror movies so far this month. It's been a chore on some days and a joy on others. I'm just trying to figure out how to spend my time in November? Movies about Thanksgiving? Pilgrims? Turkeys? Halloween is the best holiday.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

elgringo, no one ever does a salute to movies about turkeys - you could be the first. Although I wouldn't recommend watching movies that are turkeys for a whole month. No one can watch that much Brett Ratner at once.

EVIL CLOWN said...

Evil Clown is on the first plane to Mexico in the morning to creep out the locals for a few weeks.

I can't write no more.

Excellent month Lapper. We really shook the pillars of Heaven.

Jonathan "Final Guy" Lapper said...

Thank you Mister Clown. Next year will be even bigger and better. I am devoting the entire month to Leprechaun 2. Don't miss it!