Sunday, September 21, 2008

And That's When It Happened


George Sidney, director of Cass Timberlane: "So yeah, anyway, I was having a hard time getting a scene with Spencer and Lana to work. I said, 'Spence, if you nail this scene I'll get you an ice cream cone.' Well, he nailed it and I had to explain to him that I didn't have any ice cream. Oh boy, big mistake. He pouted the rest of the day and wouldn't allow us to set up even one shot. He would purposely stand right in front of the camera whenever we tried. I was like, 'Spence, c'mon, aren't you being a little childish,' and he'd be all like, 'I know you are but what am I.' Anywho, I was all totally like, 'Whatevs' and just rehearsed scenes with Lana until an intern finally managed to wrangle a Nutty Cone for His Royal Highness. Geez, what a baby."

9 comments:

Rick Olson said...

Reminds me of the time me and Edward G., we were working on this shot and I says "Eddie?" -- I always called him Jimmy -- I says "Eddie? D'ya think you can hold your mouth ... just ... so?" And I screwed up my mouth, kinda forced the words out of the side, ya' know?

Well, Eddie, he'd never seen anything like it, he tries it, he screws up his mouth and comes out with the line "Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?" And I tell ya, the crew was in tears ...

Memories.

Rick Olson said...

oops. That's "I always called him Eddie"

What a maroon.

Jonathan Lapper said...

I like "I always called him Jimmy." Makes it even funnier in an odd way.

Peter Nellhaus said...

Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bloggy ride.

Jonathan Lapper said...

Now I know what subtitle to use when I use the screengrab of Bette on the stairs. I still have to come up with a good snide one for Addison DeWitt.

Marilyn said...

Obviously it must be something along the lines of "Everything, because after tonight, you will belong to me."

Jonathan Lapper said...

I could also try:

Cinema Styles: Maudlin and full of self-pity. It's magnificent!

or

While you wait you can read my blog. It'll make minutes fly like hours.

Marilyn said...

Or his famous line, "Killer to Killer."

Jonathan Lapper said...

So many to choose from. I'll have some ready for after the October extravaganza.